- I will wake up early and do this tomorrow
- I won’t procrastinate on my reading/paper/assignment next week
- I am going to start fixing my hair and/or doing my makeup regularly
- I am going to be at work by 8 am every day this week
- I might be a morning person someday
- I’ll nap for 20-30 minutes and wake up ready to tackle my next task
Another lie I often tell myself is that I will get up early and go for a run, but today that wasn’t a lie! I met Ken for six miles around the LSU lakes at 5:16 am. (I was a minute late.) That makes four days of the last seven that I have been awake at 5:00-ish in the morning, so I was starting to believe that I might actually shift into being a morning person.
However, I allowed myself to climb back into bed (the same fabulous bed I wrote about yesterday) thinking that I could lie there for half an hour and still be at work by 8:30...9:00 at the latest. That was a lie (as it almost always is) and I slept for 2.5 hours, but I did go to work full of energy and managed to have a productive day. Thus, it wasn’t all bad! I’m just not sure I’ll ever be a morning person, even if I do eventually manage to make it to work by 8 am every day one week.
Tonight, I met Jeff and others at Superior for a pre-race meal and to celebrate the end of the week. I hope margaritas, chips, and salsa are the secret to a new half marathon PR. I guess we will see tomorrow!
Something that made today great:
Time I woke up: 4:55 am