Anyway, I decided last night after I finished my blog post that I needed a schedule. I am proud to report that my efforts weren't completely futile, and I'm already adjusting to have a more effective plan for tomorrow. My plan for myself today involved the following:
- 8:00-9:00 - Eat breakfast, make dough for icebox rolls
- 9:00-12:00 - Work (GA job)
- 12:00-1:00 - Lunch (but also fill out IRB paperwork for an upcoming project, and send feedback to the papers I was discussant for at ACPA)
- 1:00-3:00 - Work (GA job)
- 3:00-3:45 - Make the rolls (they have to rise for an hour and a half before baking)
- 3:45-5:15 - Go run 6 miles
- 5:15-6:00 - Shower and get ready for dinner
- 6:00-9:00 - Dinner with our cousins Tim and Emily
- 9:00-11:00 - Transcribe the interview I did for my qualitative research class
- 11:00-midnight - Write my daily blog post
First, the good:
- I made my rolls, and they turned out great
- I worked the 5 hours of my GA job that I planned to do today
- Dinner with Tim and Emily became dinner with Emily, but it was delicious
- I transcribed my interview, which is time-consuming even with the help of Otter.ai
- I only used 45 minutes of my scheduled lunch hour.
Next, the fails:
- I didn't start my workday on time, which bled into my running time, so...
- I didn't go run 6 miles. I didn't go run at all. I didn't come close to meeting my step goal
- I didn't do the IRB paperwork during my scheduled lunch hour.
- I didn't send ACPA feedback during my scheduled lunch hour.
Third, the bonuses:
- I washed, dried, and folded several loads of laundry that weren't in the plan for the day.
Finally, some lessons learned:
- Laundry takes time out of the day BUT it's nice to be able to spread it out.
- I need to either build in time to drag around in the morning or expedite my morning routine of stuff I do around the house
- Maybe I should shorten my lunch "hour" and give the tasks I expect to be short their own 15-minute time slot rather than dumping them into "things I'll do during lunch"
|Guess who didn't take any photos today? Pixabay to the rescue!|
Time I woke up: 8:00 am
Post a Comment