Thursday, March 21, 2019

Day 158

I just realized what time it was and that I hadn't written a blog post yet. Oops!

Today started off well because I met my friend Ellen for a run this morning at 8:30. When I was ready to leave for work, my car wouldn't start, but fortunately, Richard was off of work today, so I took the truck to work. No problem.

Then, when I got to work and went on my morning coffee walk, there was no coffee in the carafes! This was a minor setback, though, because the supplies for coffee were all there, so I made two fresh pots to be enjoyed by me and the people who were to come behind me.

After work, I had grand plans to pick up groceries on my way back from campus, and I specifically wanted to go to Albertson's because I wanted to pick up some Holy Roller IPA to bring to the Chicot Challenge this weekend, and I wasn't sure that Walmart Neighborhood Market, which is on my normal route home, carried Urban South beer. I very rarely drive home at exactly 5:00 because I either have class or go for a run before I head home, but tonight class was canceled, so I left after work.

Well, on my way to Albertson's, I ended up in an accident when someone turning left across two lanes (traffic in the right lane was stopped, and someone in the right lane waved her through) pulled into my path. I tried to stop, but I didn't quite make it. Instead, I ended up ramming her driver door hard enough to crunch it and deploy the airbag but not majorly dent it in or shatter her window. Yikes. So, for the future, I'm avoiding Perkins Road during the 4:30-6:00 window.

So, not a good day for cars at the Davis house, but we replaced my battery, all drivers and passengers involved in the accident are perfectly fine, and the truck is still driveable. Also, I'm not sure my sweet little sedan would've fared so well in this accident, so I guess I should be glad I had the truck.

For those keeping score at home, I've had an attempted robbery while I was home, two empty coffee carafes when I went for my morning coffee, and a car accident since Saturday. (These incidents vary in level of severity.) I guess I'm lucky that I've stayed safe all three times, but I'd like a little less excitement in the coming days. Fingers crossed for a better Friday.

Something that made today great: I had extra calories on My Fitness Pal, so I got to have two servings of ice cream today!
Time I woke up: 7:45 am

No comments:

Post a Comment