I was talking with Jennie earlier today about all of the wins in life this month. Now that I have an extra 25 minutes, though, I am going to take the time to list as many wins as I can think of for the first 23 days of the month. I fell behind in plenty of areas and neglected some aspects of my life, but I also had a lot of wins. Those wins deserve to be celebrated.
This list was compiled without looking back at my previous blog posts. I realize I change sentence structure/tense pretty often here, but you only live once. #YOLO
- A LACUSPA educational session on The Lighthouse Program at LACUSPA
- Another LACUSPA educational session on working with students of concern at LSU
- A solid Access and Choice presentation on Low-SES students
- An equally solid Finance in Higher Education presentation on higher education finance in Pennsylvania
- Family time at the Utah State game (and more later that day)
- Cooking Vegetables Galore (Richard's maternal grandmother's recipe from River Road Recipes)
- Running fun with new and old friends
- Implementing a 1:00 am bedtime for myself (most of the time)
- A relaxing work wife weekend this past weekend
- I found out today that my ACPA proposal was accepted, so I'll be presenting in Nashville in March
- Starting (and putting in some good work on) several knitting projects
- Continuing to attend Lunchtime Lifts class (and getting stronger as a result!)
- Really the fact that I didn't quit Lunchtime Lifts is remarkable
- Leading journal club with an article about post-college outcomes for fraternity and sorority members
- I think I ate breakfast/brunch at The Ruby Slipper three weekends in a row. I had catfish and grits with a brandy milk punch every time, and it was awesome every time. (That cane syrup butter is the real deal.)
- I discovered some great Spotify playlists thanks to recommendations from friends
- Learning a whole lot about multiple regression...
- ...and getting to use it in a real paper for the ASHE conference
- Partnering with some exciting scholars for my statistics project
- Richard turned 34!
- Eating delicious cake from Ambrosia thanks to Richard being born in October
- Enjoying gin and juice made with juice of satsumas from the tree in our yard
- Fleshing out my wardrobe with great finds from Dillard's clearance
- Celebrating all of the madness of the month (so far) with classmates at Superior tonight
These past few weeks have been insane, but I survived. Phew.
|Meme from Memes Happen|
Something that made today great: Reminiscing about LSMSA over Facebook messenger with Freddy-May
Time I woke up: 6:30 am