Several times recently, I have posted about various ways in which I have not been a great adult. Well, today I want to report that I was a good adult. In order, I:
- Woke up earlier than usual
- Got to work way earlier than usual
- Worked on some tasks I have been dragging out
- Drank coffee!
- Ordered new dresses because I found out yesterday that I’ll be presenting at a conference next month (yay!)
- Let my dog out
- Ate a real lunch (not a Clif bar) at actual lunchtime instead of 2:00 or 3:00 in the afternoon
- Talked with some researchers about using their data, and it’s going to work out (more on this on the future, I’m sure)
- Went to class prepared
- Ate dinner
- Finished my statistics homework
I didn’t exercise today, but I’m still counting this as a win. Heck, the waking up and getting to work early would’ve just about made the day a win on its own. Compared to some of the days when I feel like I have 32% of my life together, today was a rock star day for me. I’m still working through managing my time and my courseload this semester. I’m taking tomorrow off of work, and I’m leaving Friday for a marathon in Arkansas on Saturday, so I don’t expect that I’ll be super ahead on anything next week. Maybe by November I’ll be ahead of the game.
Hope springs eternal.
I didn’t take any photos today, but I get sad when there is no image preview on Facebook. To solve that issue, here’s a picture of Scooter investigating my yogurt a few weeks ago.
Something that made today great: The Costco chicken wrap I had for lunch was pretty rockin’
Time I woke up: 6:30 am
Post a Comment